0 27 Aug, 2016Read More
Watch Out For the Top 10 Treks in Nepal for 2016/2017
Nepal is one of the well-known and popular tourist destinations in the world. It is not only known for offering a perfect gateway to a leisure vacation, but is also known for its numerous adventure and trekking opportunities it offers.
Each year, thousands of trekkers from across the world coming to Nepal for taking part in any one of the trekking adventures and expeditions. Some of the top 10 trekking destinations are mentioned below.
01. Everest Base Camp Trek: One of the most famous trekking options that takes trekkers to the highest peak of the world. In fact trekking to the base camp is an adventure itself. By landing in one of the world’s dangerous airports at Lukla the trekking takes you through Upper Phakding, Dudh Koshi River Valley, bustling Namche Bazaar and beautiful monasteries before reaching to the Khumbu Glacier.
02. Annapurna Base Camp Trek: This trek is set on the foothills of Annapurna mountain range. The journey begins from Pokhara and the trek offers an excellent view of the Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna and other snowcapped peaks.
03. Annapurna Circuit Trek: It is a challenging trek that requires the trekkers to take a roundtrip through the Annapurna circuit. The journey starts from Dharapani and ends at Pokhara. The journey takes through various landscapes, high alpine jungle, meadows and valleys, peaks, passing through the villages and deepest gorge.
04. Manaslu Circuit Trek: A remarkable trek that provides a splendid view of the peaks lined on the Nepal-Tibet border. The trek takes you through the sensational Mt. Manaslu which is the 8th highest mountain in the world.
06. Langtang Valley Trek: This short trek is famous for providing a glimpse of diverse vegetation and cultured villages. While passing the valleys you get to view blooming rhododendron, waterfalls, bamboo forests, and snow-capped Himalayas
07. Mustang Trek: Being a culturally and geo-politically sensitive area, this trek is ideal for those who are looking for rich Tibetan culture and wonderful landscape. If you are looking for the perfect snowy covered peaks, deep abyss, semi-arid dessert hidden behind the Himalayas this trek is perfect one.
08. Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek: If you are looking forward to traverse the third highest peak in the world, then this trek is right for you. Apart from exploring the Nepalese culture and natural beauty, this trek takes you through high secluded mountains which run across the Nepal’s bordering countries Sikkim and Tibet.
09. Simikot and Limi Valley Trek: One of the hidden wonders of Nepal having Tibetan style villages, arid landscapes, and beautiful peaks. For this trekking, you will need to pass through high passes, steep climbs and descends.
The most important thing for all these trek is that, you should be both physically fit and mentally strong in order to take on the trekking expedition of your choice.